Nutrition is the relationship between the foods we eat and the overall health of our bodies. Proper nutrition means that all the essential nutrients (carbohydrates, fats, protein, vitamins, minerals and water) are supplied and utilised in adequate balance to maintain optimal health and wellbeing. Nutritional deficiencies result when adequate amounts of essential nutrients are not consumed.
Good nutrition is essential for:
- Ability to repair bodily damage or injury
- Exercise and working efficiency
- Growth and maintenance of the body
- Normal organ development and functioning
- Resistance to infection and disease
Nutrition can directly impact on our emotions and the general state of wellbeing. Sensitivities to certain foods can alter mood, energy and emotional behaviour. At Southpoint Health we endeavour to uncover your food sensitivities that may be affecting your health without you realising it.
What Can Nutrition Help With?
At Southpoint Health we specialise in Clinical Nutrition and provide nutritional advice that is best suited to your body type, blood type, your overall health and constitution, your complaints and allergies as well as your own goals.
Some areas of health we may be able to help with include:
- Adrenal fatigue and exhaustion
- Anti-aging and natural beauty
- Detox programs
- Diabetes and thyroid conditions
- Digestive and immune health
- Super food diets and traditional diets
- Weight management
- Women’s health